Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

2 year old, put cotton ear buds in ear, bleeding, pain. Cause of worry?

Dear Doctor, two days back by baby (2 year)put cotton buts on his ear and suddenly he cried loudly and I removed the but fast and i so little bled on the buts & he stopped crying. Yesterday i saw there is bled on his ear and that was dry so i am scared now if there is any problem, and i don’t think there is pain now could you kindly answer urgently on this. Thanks & Regards
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  267
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Dear
Thanks for your query

I would suggest you to take your baby to an ENT specialist immediately.

May be he has hurt his external auditory canal or more seriously he may have hurt his tympanic membrane which needs attention.
The wound may get infected if not cared of and other secondary complications can occur, so always better to get a medical check up.Don't mess with it yourself or use medicines without doctor's prescription.

Hope this helps.

Update here how your baby stays.

Take care.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also.
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee's  Response
Dear ebilin I think your baby may have injured the middle ear. I recommend
to take hm to see a doctor to have his ear examined by auroscope.
Doctor then can decide wheather the child needs antibiotics if there are signs of infection. Kindest regards Dr.S.K.Mukherjee
Answered: Fri, 2 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Sudha Shree Venkataraman's  Response

You must take him to a doctor and get him examined.
The site of injury can be seen only after proper examination. He might have some problems if tympanic membrane is injured.
Already its 2 days now. Please take him to ENT specialist preferably.
Answered: Sat, 3 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor