Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

2 year old child, white small boils on penis, infection on penis tip. On clodid-B cream. Treatment?

hi doctor sir, my 2 and half year baby have some problem in his penis , a white small ball type matter on his penis( under the skin of top-side of his penis). before some days, there is some infection on the top of his penis with some whitish material, i consult to doctor and he gave some infection tube(clodid-B cream)but now this white ball type matter cause tense me. please consult
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  537
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgeon 's  Response
thanks for posting your query on healthcare magic
The small ball type matter on dorsum of your baby's penis is most probably a sebaceous cyst though i would like to see it to confirm the diagnosis as there can be different kinds of pathology affecting this region .
This is a common area to have sebaceous cysts. They are absolutely harmless till they get infected , but definitely a little unsightly.The appearance is usually white or cream in color and are smooth little domes that stick up above the skin.There can be variation in size from quite tiny to the size of a much bigger.
The content of these sebaceous cysts is a a cheese-like material known as sebum which is made of breakdown products of skin tissues including keratin
I would suggest you to visit your physician to confirm the diagnosis .
The only satisfactory way to get rid of sebaceuos cysts is to get them surgically removed along with their punctum. Once properly done there is no recurrence at the same site but other areas may develop them.Cleanliness is a must to avoid them.
The surgical excision is a simple procedure that can be done under local anaesthesia
So donot worry, and visit your doctor to take a look, to confirm what I have told you and get it treated accordingly
God Bless
Answered: Thu, 12 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor