Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

2 year old child, cut along the space between outer labia minora and inner labia majora. Advise?

Hi, I just noticed what seems like a cut along the space between my 2 year old daughter's outer labia minora and inner labia majora. Feeling quite freked out and can't wait to see a Doctor tomorrow, but could you give me a hint of what that could be? I've examined her and there doesn't seem to be any other sign of trauma on or around her vaginal area.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  196
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

It must be really painful for the child.
You have not mentioned how she got the cut.?
How big in dimension it is?
Is there problem while passing urine?
At present you could apply some antibacterial cream and give her a painkiller if the cut is tiny.
However if the cut is big and oozing blood then you might need to get her examined in the emergency dept.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor