Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

2 year had seizure while having fever. Has blank stares and disturbed sleep. Concerned

my 2 year old had a siezer in september from having a high fever when he was about 18 months old. sense then he has not slept all the way threw the night and he just wakes up out of no were doctors say he is fine just wake him up every so often and he will be fine. i have dont that but it has not helped at all he is still waking up. he has blank stairs that it is hard to break him out of sometimes and now he hurts hisself and does not flinch or anything to it and has like no pain reflexs much at all. could something be really wrong i have asked the doctor about sipa but she had no clue what is was could someone help me please im very consurned for my son i have almost lost him twice sense he was born. PLEASE HELP IM VERY WORRIED!
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.

Congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis (CIPA) has two characteristic features: the inability to feel pain and temperature, and decreased or absent sweating (anhidrosis). This condition is also known as hereditary sensory and autonomic neuropathy type IV. The signs and symptoms of CIPA appear early, usually at birth or during infancy, but with careful medical attention, affected individuals can live into adulthood.
Normally, sweating helps cool the body temperature. However, in people with CIPA, anhidrosis often causes recurrent, extremely high fevers (hyperpyrexia) and seizures brought on by high temperature (febrile seizures).

I would recommend you consult a genetics specialist or rare disease centre in a multispeciality hospital in your vicinity for a thorough evaluation and diagnosis .
Please do not label your child before any formal diagnosis which might require investigations like EEG, MRI scan etc.
As for sleep pattern it's best to consult a sleep consultant if it's really disrupting your child's life.
Hope that answers your query .
Answered: Wed, 12 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor