Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

2 month old child, not breast fed, started drinking from bottle, now will not take mothers milk. What should I do and how do I increase my breast milk?

ya hi.. my baby is 2months old, but bcoz of some reasons i dint feed him for sometime. now the senario is like he started taking milk from bottle, and now he is unable to breastfeed . so what should i do in this case? and also my milk is decresing so what should i do do increase my breastmilk please suggest so that i can feed him back....
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  62
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hello madam,
I am highly concerned of this problem of yours. You have made a big mistake of introducing bottle for feeding. It creates nipple confusion, and then makes child avoid breast milk and take bottle milk. So , this is earliest and right time to stop bottle feeding as soon as possible. Give breast feeding as much as possible every 2 hourly, if not taking then give expressed breast milk with Katori and spoon every 2 hourly thereafter. The best stimulation for increasing breast milk is making the baby suck the nipple as much as possible. You can consult your pediatrician for further help. Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 13 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor