Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

2 month old child, chest congestion, cough. Prescribed augpen drops, ascoril. Cure?

Hello Doctor, My baby is now 2months old and suffering from cough and chest conjunction since 5 days. His doctor prescribed Augpen Drop 10 drops twice in a day; Mucolite Drop 5 drops 5 times in a day and “Partham 100” twice in a day (2ml) and a cough syrup Asocril 100 (2 ml) thrice. Please advice me if the above medicines are not enough as no improvemnet has been noticed yet.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  614
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
good morning, the above said medicines are appropriate, if the child is not improving despite giving these medicines , then u should look for signs of pneumonia- hurried breathing, chest retractions, labored breathing. kindly review with ur doctor, i would advice u to get a chest x ray for the child and other basic blood tests to rule out pneumonia. thank u .
Answered: Thu, 11 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor