Though i don't doubt the diagnosis made by your doctor as he would be in a better position to assess the condition of your child than me,
Clavam is antibiotic,its safe but frequent use of antibiotic will resist antibiotic sensitivity(whenever its really needed its does not work), So, Don`t panic. Calm down, be courageous and get your child treated.
In this period most of child frequently suffer from cold
etc,(Upper Respiratory Tract
Most of times this is viral/ allergic and its self limiting.
Because of low immunity and low diseases resistant power child suffering from this.
I would advice:
1. Avoid exposure to cold (cold make ciliary activity sluggish and hence the organisms tracking
down the airways cannot be swept out, making a progression to lower respiratory infection)
2. Keep your child warm (Wrapping with cotton cloth )
3. Stem inhalation with precaution.(Plain water do not add any decongestant like vicks
4. Try to increase his immune system with proper and regular diet.
5. Maintain hygiene.
6. Don’t use more medicine
7. There are some baby chest rubs that can be used to help relieve chest congestion as well
I wish your baby recover soon.
Regards , Dr. Sagar Mhatre