Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

193 over 118 Blood Pressure and 180 fasting morning blood sugar. Should I call doctor ?

193 over 118 Blood Pressure and 180 fasting morning blood sugar 193 over 118 blood pressure on 20 mg lisnopril. Should I call dr. yesterday it was 180 over 103 I used affrin for stuffy nose - could this cause this.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Oct 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  404
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
You are having considerably raised blood pressure as well as blood glucose readings. Your blood pressure needs to be lowered immediately to avoid any complications. Intravenous medications might be required. The cold medicine cannot cause such persistent high levels of BP. You need to attend an ER for immediate and proper management.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Answered: Fri, 21 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta's  Response
Hello.Welcome.Both high BP and uncontrolled diabetes have their own short and longterm complications and to have them together is definitely a recipe of disaster.You must be under a constant supervision of your physician and all efforts are to be done to bring both the problems in control.Once the organ damages take place things will become unmanageable for you.Good luck.
Answered: Fri, 21 Oct 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor