19 years old want to gain weight

hi, i am 19 years old girl..i want to gain my weight..wat should i do??
Thu, 25 Aug 2011
hi,
being underweight is sometimes related to heridity.Still you can try by
-having mild yogic exercises to increase appetite,digestion,muscular buolt up.
-increasing caloric value of your food.-take more proteins, sufficient carbohydrates,with good vitamine&mineral suppliments.
-avoid exessive /strenuous work.
-sleep sufficiently(At least 8 hrs in night)
-Syrup Neogadin/Syrup Periactin 2 spoons twice a day taken before meals will help.
Thanks.
General & Family Physician Dr. Jitender Chauhan's  Response
Hello, welcome to HCM. You must understand the fact that for a person to be in good health his/her BMI should be between 18 to 25. To calculate your BMI just divide your body weight(in kg) by square of your height ( in meters). In case you have lower than healthy limits you can increase you weight by having small frequent meals. You must have a balanced diet rich in proteins and minerals and vitamins. In growing age like yours body metabolism is high so you must not take junk foods and look to eat nutritious fresh vegetables and fruits. Regular exercise also helps in improving your apetite. Wish you good health.
Dr. Suman Waldiya's  Response
You need to check if your height and weight are in proportion, if underweight recommended herb "Ashwagandha " an ayurvedic composition under the supervision of Physician.