Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

19 year old with very rapid heart beat with mild exertion

Nineteen year old with very rapid heart beat with mild exertion, My daughter is 19, average weight. When doing mild exercise such as a brisk walk, her heart rate goes up to the 190s, which is painful and makes exercise difficult. She had a echo and stress test. Doc said 200 beats per minute is okay for someone so young. Doesn t feel right to me. She also has occasional tachycardia events which are harmless according to the doc. Any suggestions? Should we seek a second opinion?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  607
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
i would defiantly get a second opinion. i mean it doesn't sound like anything is glaringly wrong but that doesn't mean every ting is ok. i had a really simple heart problem and it still took years to diagnose because doctors kept writing me off. its defiantly possible that the same thing is happening with your daughter. good luck!
Answered: Tue, 15 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor