Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

19 year old with poor eating habits, low body weight, alcohol addiction. Any suggestions?

Hi, my son is 19 years old, he is very thin as he eats very little and when he goes out he can wear up to 4 layers of clothes to make himself look bigger, can you advise or offer any help, he drinks rather a lot of alcohol aswell which can t be helping, he won t eat breakfast or dinner then maybe only a small meal of junk food, I am so worried.
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  22
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Good to answer your question

Your son definitely needs a psychiatric intervention for addiction / substance abuse.
Please arrange for it without delay

Dr. Anand
Answered: Sat, 22 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor