Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

19 year old with diabetes, lupus and hypothyroidism bitten by a dog. Swollen bruised calf. Need to see a doctor?

Hi I was bitten by a dog that does not have rabies 2 nights ago... I am 19 and have diabetes, lupus , and hypothyroidism so I have low immunities which worries me. The area is on the side of my calf but it is really swollen and bruised. The actual gash where it bit me isn t bleeding anymore but the area is hard and swollen. I had a tetanus shot 2 years ago, but should I still go to a doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  13
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
hi maysma,
even though if the dog does not have rabies you have to take the anti rabies vaccine and also you need to meet general surgeon and get your wound exa amined you have diabetes you should be very careful with wounds otherwise it may get infected
Answered: Fri, 22 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor