Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

19 months baby diagnosed with peri membraneous vsd. Is surgery required ?

My male baby,19months old has been diagnosed with a peri membraneous VSD with 3mm PAH, I would like to know surgery is urgently needed ?if so where is the most cost effective place to have such surgery? now my baby under treatment.the doctor advice medicine are as follows:-1)DIXINPAED 1.6ml -5days in a week.2) FUROPAED 0.8ml every day.3)tab enam2.5-1/4tab twice in a day.please advice me how far medicine is effective to cure this. mk ghosh,kolkata.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  184
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Your child will require surgery in most instances because of size and PAH, otherwise he will have worsening health. You can contact Cardio Surgeons at reputed Hospitals in Kolkata or any place in India. For subsidised treatment you can try Sai Baba Hospital in Bangalore but you may have to wait for few months due to high patient load. Drugs will have to be taken throught life and won't help much in long term. Better choice is Surgery as and if the Baby's Doctor advises.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor