Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

18 years old,getting blood in urine

I have a uti and I went to the doctor yesterday and they told me I had some blood in my urin and they said I might have a kidney stone which is comman in my family. I am only 18 and I wanted to know how do you tell it s not your period. It only appears when I urinate?? Also I hurt really bad on my right side of my back and it really hurts when I urinate
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  130
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
The blood in urine can be due to UTI;Stone in kidney or urinary track.Since the blood is seen when you urinate it is in urine and not periods because period bleeding will be profuse & with cramping in lower abdomen.As for the pain in back when you pass urine could again be due to a retrograde UTI or a stone .Get a X-ray KUB done or a ultrasound of KUB to find if you have pain due to stone or is it a UTI.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
well there are many reasons for hematuria ,may be due to renal calculi,tuberculosis,uti,carcinoma of ureter,rupture of urethra...u need to have kub which will be helpful
also u must have urine r /me examination and hb.tlc.dlc,rbs,urea,cretenine
Answered: Fri, 15 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor