Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

18 month old has a red horseshoe red mark on face and is white in center. What can be this ?

my 18 month old grandson has a red horseshoe red mark on his face and it s white in the center. It s not raised and doesn t seem to bother him, but he seems to get a lot of abseces on his body and other skin irregularities. Can you offer any ideas as to what the red mark could be or why he has so many problems with the other skin issues?
Asked On : Thu, 9 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  118
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
It is likely that she has a ringworm.
Apply a miconazole ointment to the area twice daily for 7 days.
Check his Serum IgE levels for recurrent attacks of abscesses.
Maintain good hygiene.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Thu, 7 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor