Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

18 month child having infection on penis, pus coming from penis head, has circumcised. What to do?

My 18 month old son has an infection on his penis . There is pus coming out from the just below the head of his penis. He is circumcised but I don t think they took enough foreskin off since we still have to pull the skin back at every diaper change to clean the head of the penis. His pediatrician is closed for the weekend and I m not sure what I should do.
Asked On : Wed, 9 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  165
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Urologist 's  Response
If he is not having a fever, then this is not an emergency. Take him to the doc after the weekend. Some cream or antibiotic will clear it up.

If he is having fever or significant pain then take him to a pediatric hospital emergency room.
Answered: Thu, 10 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor