Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

17 year old with itchy rash on the hand, fluid filled blisters on the wrist. Fungal infection?

hi, i m an 17 year old female and i have an itchy rash that appeared on the top of my hand out of no where a few days ago. it started out as a cluster on my wrist with one or two sporadic tiny fluid filled bumps towards the center of my hand. fast forward 3 days later and my hand now looks like it s been covered with a blanked of a toads skin. this isn t the first time it s happened though, i ve had it twice on my face and one time before on both of my hands and all of those came along for the first time when i moved from california to new jersey and then back again. my 18th birthday is in about two weeks so i don t know if it s stressed induced or some sort of fungus? i need some answers because i just can t have this going on for 3 months and then disappearing again.
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.

Thanks for writing in to HCM & for a detailed history & clinical features which does make our task of helping you out that much easier!

From all that you have stated, No it does not appear to be a fungal infection to me. It appears more to be an 'allergic' phenomenon & most likely a 'photoallergic reaction' & /or more specifically a 'phyto-photodermatitis' & it may be related to the plants in your region.

Please trying applying a topical betamethasone-fusidic acid cream locally to the area & taking an antihistamine. This should help relieve your symptoms.

Ideally, go across to a dermatologist & do some 'patch' or 'prick' tests depending on what the suspicion is on (allergen i meant) & this may help give you a clearer picture for closure & one can avoid implicated allergens.

Trust this was clear advice & gives you a clear action plan.

Good Luck!

Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Bangalore, India
Answered: Fri, 29 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor