Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

17 year old wants to increase the height. Can I take baryta carbonica? Any side effects?

M a grl 17 years old.......nd my hyt is only 4'11........really want to increase my hyt
My mthr nd fathr r nt so taller.......dey r shortr thn my yng brothr....who is 1nd half year yngr thn he is 5.6....

Before sm dys smone suggsr me baryta carbonica 30 in liquid form

Is it ryt?? Or not.....??i dont want ny side really want to increse my hyt:(
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  1828
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for posting your query.
Height is mostly genetically defined and it is inherited from parents. Environmental and personal factors also contribute in defining your height. As your parents are also as taller as you are then it is quite difficult to get more height. Usually growth plates are closed between age of 16 to 21. You should take proper diet,exercise,performing yoga and testosterone may help to increase some height but success is not guaranteed as you have familial dwarfism.
homeopathic treatment like baryta carbonica 30 containg nutritional and vitamin supplements may help to balance your diet but whether it will effect your height is questionable. You may like to talk to your doctor.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 's  Response
Sep 2013
Hello, Thanks for the query to H.C.M.
baryta carbonica 30 and 200 is available in market but one thing accept that if this increase your height as you require, in that case nobody will remain dwarf in this world.
Please don't take it otherwise.
"The heights by the great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flights , but they, while companions slept,were toiling upwards in the night."
Here I will give you only one advice if you are serious your's heights and want to increase it , still there are chances for you because your age is still 17 yrs , you have full one yr for your height.

Starts playing "BASKET-BALL" regularly as maximum as you can play but it should be at least 7-10 hrs in day and you will attain your desired height.
Good luck to you. Dr. HET.
Answered: Wed, 10 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor