Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

17 year old having severe abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting. Done x-ray, endoscopy and colonoscopy. HIDA scan showing Mastocytosis. Need surgery?

My daughter has been having severe abdominal pain , nausea , throwing up, etc. for about a year and a half. She has been through so many test (ultrasounds, extreme amount of blood work, xrays, endiscopy, colonoscopy (which found she has Mastocytosis---which she is now on meds for) and recently had the hida scan done. Her percentage was ejection fraction was 85%. Her GI doc says this is normal, but after reading throughout the internet, I have read that is high and she has an overactive gallbladder, and she should have it removed. She is 17 years old. Your thoughts, please.
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
I would not remove a gallbladder in a 17 yo simply for a HIDA scan showing an EF of 85% without ruling the more common GI and GYN causes for abdominal pain in this age group.
Answered: Wed, 8 Oct 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor