Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

16 year old with reddish sweaty hands. Normal blood test reports. Should I be worried?

Hi! I am sixteen years old. For a year my hands are always cold , red or purple and sweaty. They get normal only when i am sleeping at night and when i lift up my hands the redness almost dissappear but when i lift down my hands they get red in seconds. I went to a rheumatologist and did couple of blood test but all negative. I don t know what to do next. Any suggestion please? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  34
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi dear,
I hope all the blood tests have been done and found normal. Have you done thyroid tests ?
Consult a good dermatologist. Aluminium chlorohydrate containing lotions (eg Aldry) are used for sweaty hands and legs.
Don't worry just discuss with a dermatologist. You will be bettter.

Take care
Dr. Balaji
Assistant professor- Pediatrics
Answered: Tue, 2 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor