Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

16 year old obese with pain in the leg. Chances of pulmonary embolism or DVT?

I m a 16 year old female and I m obese. I ve been having pain somewhat in my right leg. I feel it mostly like it s in the socket of my hip/ pelvis since the summer.Then down my calf or the back of my thigh. It sometimes hurts when I sit and when I try to stretch it out. I ve thought of two possibilities, sciatic nerve pain , or Deep- Vein Thrombosis . I do not have medical insurance, so my parents are hesitant to take me to the hospital. Lately, I ve been trying to exercise and stretch it out, but the pain has actually gotten worse. After researching more about DVT, I ve been worrying about the possibility of a blood clot dislodging and resulting in a pulmonary embolism or other problems. With that, I can t fall asleep without panicking. My heartbeat quickens from the anxiety and then I scare myself even more by thinking it s from the DVT or something. I would just like some thoughts on this to maybe ease my mind in the meantime.
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
if it were to be DVT, it would have turned serious by now. by the symptoms i feel its just SIACTICA or a slipped disc. if it were to be a DVT, the pain would result in moving the calf muscles from side to side , its called HOMMANS sign. get a neurologist or a orthopediacian to examine you.
Answered: Fri, 4 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor