Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

16 year old, hair does not seem to grow, tests showed anemia. How can I cure this?

So I m a male 16 years old. For the past 2 years I haven t grown an inch and my hair (on the head mostly), has been falling off without me noticing, now it is REALLY sparse, some places are normal and others are completely bald. I went to the doctor the other day and made a few tests, what he found out was that my hemoglobin was too high. For you fellas that know these terms, out of three tests I made, I got 167, 160, 158. And the normal value of a male is 130. He thinks I got this thing called anemia . Let s assume I got this anemia, will I be able to cure it?. Will I ever naturally grow my hair back again or at least grow a few inches more in height? I m 5 8 and I m starting to get really desperate. Thank you so much.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query
i can feel your concerns

Firstly high haemoglobin is not called as anaemia.Anaemia is low haemoglobin for that age.
Haemoglobin value has a certain range for every age .
For your age haemoglobin between 130 -160 is cosidered normal

for your hair problem,you need to consult a dermatologist
i want to know if you have a family history of baldness
wishing you good health
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor