Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

16 year old concerned about height. Can I take body growth formula?

Sir I m 16 year old girl n my height is 4 ft 8 inch ...its too small and it really affect me a lot ....I want to know that should I opt for step up body growth formula ..... n if not then why ...and what should I do I want to grow tall...please sir help me out with this ...n give me the best advise that will increse my height
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi dear,
Growth is not just about taking a growth powder. First you need to be evaluated by a doctor preferably endocrinologist and find out the cause of short stature
It could be familial, It could be due to not attaining secondary sexual characteristics, it could be due to underlying illness, due to growth hormone problems. Each problem has a different solution. But after assessment and treatment you will be definitely better. So please don't self medicate, its not so simple as you think.

Take care
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami MD
Assistant Professor, pediatrics
Answered: Sun, 28 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor