16 month old baby wakes up crying and yelling from sleep, needs somebody constantly with her. What should I do ?

My 16 month old baby girl will sleep for maybe 4 hours then wake up crying and yelling for her daddy. We go over give her a bottle and her binkie and she goes back to sleep but as soon as we leave her room she wakes up. This has been happening for almost a week now and i dont know what to do. We tried keeping her tv on for the noise and that seemed to work for a day or two but then she just continues to do it. What should i do? What do you think is causing this?
Sat, 6 Apr 2013