Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

15 year old with chest pain, bulging chest. Extra cartilage?

Hello I m a 15 year old male. For a few years my left lung seems to extend out a little bit more than my right lung, it looks like a bone sticking out. Never hurt me until a few weeks ago. I was running and my heart was beating so fast I thought it was going to explode, then both my lungs hurt if I gently touched them. And one night I had a horrible chest pain in the middle of my chest. I went to the doctors a few years ago to examine what seemed to be a bone sticking out, but all they said was that it was extra cartiledge . Is this true? Please help
Mon, 2 Dec 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
The occasional chest pain or tenderness over the chest is nothing to worry about at your age. The protruding bone or cartilage is not uncommon. No-one's body is entirely symmetrical so it is common to see a difference from left to right side.
I can reassure you that there is nothing seriously wrong with your chest.
Dr K A Pottinger,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]

Related questions you may be interested in


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor