Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

15 year old having frequent yeast infections. Treatment?

im 14 going on 15 on the 27th. i ve had a yeast infection (or at least i believe it is) for almost as long as i remeber. i tried to talk to my mom about going to the gyno but she just made me feel very uncomfortable. i looked at the symptoms of yeast infections and i have about all of them sometimes. i looked up ways to cure a yeast infection at home but they all seemed too wierd. i feel like its getting worse by the day. im thinking of how to tell my mom to take me but i dont want her to tell anyone anything (she has a REALLY big mouth) please help..
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello, and I hope I can help you today.

There is nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about if you have developed a vaginal yeast infection. I want to go over the signs and symptoms with you, because it is completely normal for all women to have some vaginal discharge every day. Yeast lives in the vagina all the time, but when it overgrows, it can cause symptoms of vaginal itching and red, itchy, sore labia and a discharge that can be white, yellow or green but it is clumpy, like cottage cheese. If you have any or all of these symptoms, you are unlikely to get better without treatment.

Yeast infections are very common, and women have had multiple yeast infections in their lifetime. So again, I know you want to keep your privacy, but I am sure your mom may have had the same experience at some point.

Yeast likes a hot, moist environment to grow, so wearing wet bathing suits, tight clothing with nylon underwear, and sweaty gym clothes can all increase the risk. It is not a sexually transmitted disease.

There are pills you can take to get rid of a yeast infection but you need to get a prescription for it from a doctor. There are creams that can cure a yeast infection you can buy at the drugstore but you need to insert the cream yourself into the vagina. If you are not comfortable with that, it would be best if you go to the doctor.

I hope I was able to help answer your question today, and that you feel better,

Dr. Brown
Answered: Fri, 26 Feb 2016
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor