Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

15 months old baby having loose motions and vomiting

Doctor my son is 15 months old. He is suffering from loose motions. His pediatrician prescribed him bacilyn n syrup and rinifol dry syrup, but when i give it to him, he vomits everything he has eaten with the medicine. what should i do?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  986
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi welcome to Health Care Magic,
how many times does he pass stools. u need to see a doctor as his stools needs to be checked for any infection & if yes will need an antibiotic. else, please keep giving him as much of fluids as possible, that wud help.
Answered: Fri, 5 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response

welcome to healthcare magic forum

dont try to feed much over single time

feed him in very small volume and more frequently

capacity of baby stomach is very low ,so it is natural that mild irritation will cause vomiting in child

i hope i answered your question.
Answered: Fri, 5 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor