Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

14 years old with viral fever and urinary tract infection. Will it get cured by antibiotics?

My son is 14 years old.Recently he fell sick with fever . first time the doctore gave him medication considering it viral .Again after 2weeks he again had fever almost 103 degrees.So the doctor took a blood,test and urine test . His hemoglobin was 13 and it was diagnosed as urinary infection. By noe he had two courses od a bit strong anibiotics. It also showed traces of protein in urine . Do we need to worry?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Dec 2012
I don't think you need to worry since he is already with antibiotics. Hemoglobin of 13 is good and with the use of antibiotics he would be fine. Just give it some few days and you will see how your son is improving. It persist then probably there is a resistant germ somewhere or there is another loci of infection that needs to be investigated. Is malaria common amongs you?

Best wishes
Answered: Fri, 14 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor