14 years old son has a very itchy rash on chest with tiny barely noticeable red bumps

My 14 year old son has a very itchy rash on his chest with tiny barely noticable red bumps and it has been there for many months Any idea what it might be and how to get rid of it For about 8 months, my 14 year old son has had a barely noticeable (to the eye) itchy rash on his chest. Some days it s extremely itchy, other days not as itchy, but it refuses to go away. We have given him Allergy meds like Claritin , Benedryl, but hydrocortizone cream on it, yet it remains. It s not extremely red, but rather very tiny little pinkish bumps (lots of them) on his chest only, and I have no idea how to get the itching to stop or to get the rash to just go away and not come back. Please help...
Wed, 20 Apr 2011