Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

14 years old girl suffering from cerebral palsy

age-14 sister is suffering from cerebral palsy .she is not able to walk properly and she is not able to speak fluently.she doesnt have kindly give me a suggestion.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  136
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Dear Vidyasree

I am afraid, at this stage she is not going to benefit from any medicines whether it is Allopathic, Ayurvedic or Homeopathy. So do not fall a prey to wrong notions propagated by somebody giving you any false hope. Many of my patients have wasted money on various systems of medicines, quacks and faith healers. At this stage she needs regular physiotherapy to improve her muscle tone and reduce the risk of more deformities.The stem cell transplant is being tried for treatment of CP and spinal cord affections. It may, however take another decade before producing concrete results.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
In Cerebral palsy the child is born with certain defects which will only mildly improve ONLY with Physiotherapy. You will need Medicines to help during any complications like fits etc. Do not fall prey to anyone who says they can cure your child as there is no proven cure till now. Have faith as Physiotherapy has helped many such children by good training, that they may be able to move around well, communicate nearly effectively. Please consult the Paediatrician and Physiotherapist.
Answered: Tue, 7 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician, Neonatology Dr. Ghazi Sharique Ahmad's  Response
don't get cofused or discouraged. though there is no cure yet, quality of life can be improve with multidisciplinary approach. you shoud visit Parijma Medical Centre, Wilson Garden. 080 - 22243640, 22238534. /. Mr Suresh Rao Aroor. Bts Depot Road, Double Road, Wilson Garden, Hosur Road, Bangalore
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor