Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

13 years old, height 4'6, slow growth rate. Parents are good at height. Ways to improve height ?

My son is 13 years old and his height is 4 feet and 6 inches , I am 5 feet 7 inch and my wife is 5 feet 2 inches. My son s height was normal till the age of 10, since then his growth rate is very little. He has been doing hanging exercises but no positive result is achieved. His younger brother is 11 years and is one inch taller than him. one of my nephew has used pine height tablets of Innoveda Natural Research Laboratries USA and his height was increased. Can you let me know that this medicine has any adverse effect. AAAA
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

Your son`s height is well below the expected for his age.
Since you both are okay in your heights, the cause has to be found out.

He needs to be assessed for his nutritional status, his hormone levels assessed, and other ailments ruled out.

Its better that you consult a Pediatrician- who will advise you further. If needed endocrine consult can be taken.

Before evaluating the cause, do not take any medications. Unless the components of the medicine are known and its well approved for usage, its better not to try any such medications.

Hope my answer helps you.
Best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 12 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor