Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

13 year old having flat foot. Interested in sports. Surgery suggested. Advice?

Hi My son is 13 years old and love sports and his ambition is to become a sportsman , but due to his severe flat foot , he could not perform well and get pain in the ankle often and suffering from it. now he is keep asking me to get medical advise. what should I do? Whit is the good hospital in Chennai to carry out the operation? Here in London waiting time is well over 1 year and he will be 15.
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  93
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

First, the degree of his flat foot should be assessed by an orthopedic surgeon.

After assessing the degree of his flat foot, then the doctor will advise the type of management to allow the child to participate in sports.

Fist I advise you to take the opinion of an orthopedic surgeon there whether he requires surgery on any conservative methods.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Fri, 7 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor