Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

12 years old, showing violent behavior, anger, restlessness. Causes and treatment?

i have a 12 year old son he has behaviour problems and at times like a switch can turn quite violent and angry without provacation have had ongoing problems with my son for 8 years now he attended a behaviour school in chch for a year this helped the family by not being in the firing line but doesnt seem to have had a lot of effect on my son i have been to a lot of medical people to no availhe is disruptive in class pen tapping whistling and generally being a nuisance he is quite intelligent at school he is heading to college next year and wonder how this is going to work
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  31
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Oct 2012
hi..its difficult to judge what form of disorder your son have..its some form of externalizing disorder, conduct disorder or may also be some emotional problem like deprivation that he may consult a psychiatrist and then get a psychometry done by a clinical psychologist for proper assessment..he wil be fine..wish him good health
Answered: Tue, 23 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor