Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

12 years. Skin allergy. Diagnosed atopic dermatitis. Where is skin allergy test done?

Hello Doctor! Good Morning!! My son who is of 12 yrs old suffering from Skin allergy since 4 yrs.. Doctor said It is atopic dermatitis .. and some of them said.. it is simple allergy and asked us to go for an allergy test... Please help us where exactly this skin allergy test is done in Hyderabad.... Thanks and regards Saritha Reddy K
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Hi Saritha Reddy,
So your child problem looking like some chronic skin problem which may be atopic or chronic allergic problem, and try to find out any predisposing underlying risk factors by making a dairy of food and activity and seasonal changes and inform to your dermatologist. Allergy test consist of battery of allergens testing depends on local conditions. Conslut dermatologist and depending on that go for furthur evaluation on you doctor advice
Take care
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal's  Response
Hi Saritha,

Thank you for your query.

Skin allergy test is usually done by a dermatologist. You can contact your doctor who will guide you to a dermatologist who shall do the needful. You can even contact leading hospitals in Hyderabad who will perform the allergy test on your son.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor