Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

12 year old having pain and tenderness in the abdomen. Took gelusil and carmicide. Persisting nausea and loose stools. Further treatment?

Hi My son who is 12 years old is complaining of stomach pain and tenderness in his mid abdomen on and off. He says it is bad when he tries to sit or bend. I tried giving him antacids like gelusil and carmicide but still he is ok for a few hours and suddenly feels there is a spasm . It started on Monday that is 3 days back with nausea and loose motions. But all that has stopped except for his stomach pain. Please help.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  65
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
Hi Shanthi,
He needs stool examination.
Also if pain persists you must show him to a doctor to rule out appendicitis,stone,gastritis etc.
He may need an ultrasound examination.
For pain you can give him some anti spasmodic like buscopan till you reach the doctor.
Good luck
Answered: Sun, 2 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor