Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

12 month old with eczema. Dirt looking substance on body creases and behind ears. Treatment?

I recently noticed my 12 month old son has some places on his leggs like in the creases that look dirty even though they are not. He has a place on one knee , several creases on his leggs and a little on his feet . He was not born with it it just appeared lately what do I need to do?? He does have cradle cap and some areas behind his ears that his dr said is eczema but I so worried about this dirty stuff.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  47
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Thank you for your query,
Eczema requires systematic,multifaceted approach that consists of maintaining skin hydration,topical skin therapy with topical steroids applications and elimination of flaring factors like aeroallergens, allergic foods and treating secondary infections.
So consult your Pediatrician or Dermatologist for further information and proper management of your child eczema.
Hope i have answered your query.
Answered: Tue, 22 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor