Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

11 yr old got a huge bruise on left groin, right above the left testicle. Should go to doctor ?

11 year old son got a huge bruise on his left groin , right above the left testicle , he was playing outside and got hit in that first it was just a little red and he said it the next day, when i asked how he felt, he showed me the area...and I almost fell over.....never seen a bruise that big and that black and blue....he complains it hurts real bad...should he see a doctor?
Asked On : Thu, 27 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hello thanks for writing us..

Bruise are the damaged capillaries under the time passes the pigment in blood got degraded and goes in sequential color changes like then blue - black followed by green and finally brown..

It will take around 10 to 14 days in complete clearance of bruise..
If it is paining you can give tab paracetamol or nimesulide..
If controlled by these medicines can consult a physician

Good luck
Answered: Fri, 28 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor