Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

11 year old having cysts on the body. Non- cancerous cells in biopsy report. Any cure other than surgery?

My 11 year old boy has had a total of about 8 cysts come onto his body since birth. Some have gone away on there own, some removed through surgery and a few ones at the moment. They range from pea size to almost pecan size. They ve been biopsied and are not cancerous but I d like to know if there s a cure . The surgery was kind of hard on him. They have formed in the lip, eyebrow, jaw, upper arms, leg and collarbone.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  16
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Though you have mentioned the details you have not provided the details of the biopsy report except that the cysts are not cancerous. The biopsy report will give a diagnosis and thereafter a management protocol can be worked out.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son all the best.


Answered: Tue, 19 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor