Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

11 mm stone at the junction of kidney and ureter with some hydronephrosis, lower back stiffness, muscle twitching. Can it be solved ?

I have a 11 mm stone at the junction of my kidney and ureter with some hydronephrosis . I don t know how long it has been there but I have been pain free concerning typical stone symptoms of pain in general I have lower back stiffness , muscle twitching, and tingling sensations in feet with a sense of just not feeling well which has persisted for approximately 5 months or so. Could this be due to the pathology described because of chemical imbalance Due to the certain amount of kidney failure and can it be resolved by elimination of stone?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  260
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
the size of the stone and associated kidney nephrosis might warrant a more invasive a serious care. Tests to evaluate kidney function in this case are so vital. Serum creatinine levels, a complete serum electrolyte panel (Potassium and Calcium especially) and kidney ultrasounds are of great importance,
Considering that the stone is clinically symptomatic with pain, is greater than 6mm in size and with an associated hydrnephrosis, considering removal of this stone is almost imperative and life saving. Left undone could be a serious threat to the affected kidney with a high risk of kidney failure.
Removal of the stone could be through open surgery or endoscopy or another modern method, called Lithotripsy using Laser. The choice is always made by the urologist depending on the clinical eva;luation and financial readiness of the patient.
Its reasonable to book urgently to meet a urologist.
Thanks as I hope this helps,
Best regards,
Luchuo, MD.
Answered: Thu, 14 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor