Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

10 yr old having discharge from bum. Advise ?

Hi my 10 year old son is distressed due to adischarge he is getting from his bum, he has had it for a few weeks now, it isn t a lot of discharge as it isn t going through to his under pants but he said his bum feels constantly wet. I have had a look and it isn t inflamed or sore but I am getting worried now as it doesn t seem to be going away and it is upsetting him. Could you please advise. Thanks.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  192
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

Just to be sure that I have understood your problem properly, you mean your son is passing some discharge from his anus. If this is the case then is he constipated because at times severe constipation can present with some liquid passing through the sides of the constipated stool. In this scenario I would advise that you consult your doctor who may confirm it and advise you to take steps to control constipation.

If he is constipated then medications will be a temporary relief. Nutritional adjustment would be the best course. I suggest you visit where you will find some useful instructions on high fibre diet.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.


Answered: Wed, 7 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor