Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
137 Doctors are Online

1 year old suffering from watery stools and severe diarrhea

My baby is 1 year and 3 months old. her weight is 8.5 kg. i am from UAE i have come to india just 1 week ago. now my baby is sufferng from watery stools and severe diarrhea . i thing she is loosing her weight also pls inform me that wat should i do? whenever i cOme from UAE to INDIA she is suffering from the same problem
Asked On : Sun, 4 Sep 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
uR CHILd is probably exposing to some food allergy whenever comes to india.
Try to identify it.
Avoid allergenic foods like cows milk,sea foods,peas, etc.
Consult ur doctor for diarrhea.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Internal Medicine Specialist Dr. Fatima Clinic's  Response
Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thanks for query.
This is usually related with water.
Traveler,s diarrhea is common.
Your baby may be allergic to some food also.
Dehydration may cause weight loss.
It will be better if you consult a pediatrician.
Take care
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. S. Arun's  Response
Firstly, please get her assessed by a Paediatrician as soon as possible to deal with her current episode of severe diarrhoea. Whilst food allergy may be possible like another colleague suggested one has to remember that it is quite common for people from abroad visiting India to suffer from gastroenteritis- usually termed "travellers diarrhoea". Upto 50% of visitors from a developed country to a developing country like India, Africa, south-America etc, will suffer an episode of travellers diarrhoea. Small children are particularly more prone to this problem. To discuss all aspects of travellers diarrhoea from causation to management is outside the scope of this forum and I would recommend do a google search on travellers diarrhoea to learn in depth. To repeat again, kindly get your child seen by a Paediatrican immediately. Best Wishes.
Answered: Sun, 4 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor