Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

1 year child, suffering from fits for 3 time. Normal MRI,EEG. Should we meet neurologist or pediatric neurologist?

My daughter Aradhya (Age - 1 Year) is having fits for the third time. First time happend when she was 6 months old. First time when it happend she was not having any fever. So doctors suggested to take EEG and MRI. When last time it happend we took EEG at Lourdus Hospital, Vaduthala and MRI at amritha institute of medical scinence. Both were normal at that time. Dr's advised us to keep her under observation. After that yesterday it occoured 2 times. This time she was having slight fever. They Didn't give any medications. Whome should we meet neuroligist or pediatric neurologist ?
Asked On : Tue, 30 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  28
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Seizures occurring with fever in children are called febrile seizures and do not require continuous medication. But if seizures occur several times with out fever then continuous antiepileptic medications may be required.
Clobazam and paracetamol are prescribed normally to be used during a episode of fever in a child with febrile seizures.
Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 2 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

As she already developed 3 episodes of seizures at various ages which are associated with mild fever once and the other 2 episodes not associated with fever, it requires your child require further evaluation and medication to prevent seizures on long term basis.

In addition to MRI brain and EEG, she needs metabolic evaluation like serum calcium, glucose, electrolytes, and other metabolic profile after consulting the Pediatrician.

And consult a Pediatric neurologist for the detailed review of her complaints, examination and treatment.

Hope I have answered your query.

Answered: Tue, 30 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor