yesterday i woke up and went to the bathroom and
Stool for occult blood test to be done.
Thanks for query,
Have read your details,
There are a few things to consider when a person says she has blood in the stool or wiping paper.
Is there is bright red blood (which is clear that it is blood). Unless it's bright red the way to know if you are bleeding or not is having a stool occult blood test or a stool microscopy done that will confirm the presence of blood with the stools.This is to confirm first that what you are seeing is blood only and not any thing related to color of food etc.
Generally, blood coming from higher levels (stomach and small bowel) converts into a dark coal black colour due to the changes the blood has in the bowel. It is the bleeding from lower parts (colon) that will show as bright red blood.
Have you ever had a colonoscopy done? After the age of 50, it is recommended that all people should have a colonoscopy every 5-10 years. Even if you have had this test in the last 5 years it might be recommended to repeat it along with it Proctoscopic examination has to be done by a MD to rule out presence of hemorrhoids/fissure etc.
If things are normal Endoscopy would be done to rule out the presence of ulcers or bleeding points in upper g.i tract.
So to conclude:
1. we need to be sure you are bleeding or not- a stool test like fecal occult blood test and or stool microscopy for blood will help in this.
2.If it is confirmed that you are bleeding then you will need a colonoscopy endoscopic and Proctoscopic examination to find the cause of it.
3.If you have bright red blood while defecating (passing stools) this might also be due to haemorrhoids which are mostly due to constipation so in meantime please make sure you take extra fibre with diet and drink plenty of water.
4. if you had any massive rectal bleeding than an urgent visit to a doctor is needed.
5. Dont feel it's related to amoxicillin or budesodine etc.
I hope this is helpful and answers your questions but please feel free to reply in case any more clarification is needed on this.
It could be stress, changes in your lifestyles, or a hormonal imbalance triggering irregular cycles. On the other hand, rarely an early period could be a sign of early pregnancy or miscarriage.
Would suggest you to go for specialist in obstetrics and gynecology for further consultation.
Hope I was helpful.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic pancreatitis and recurring ribs pain
- What causes an itchy red rash around the anus?
- Suggest treatment for chronic vomiting when diagnosed with gastroenteritis
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the ribs
- Is Rabeprazole an effective medication for reflux esophagitis?
- What causes excessive burping and abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for severe back pain
- Suggest natural treatment for severe acid reflux
- What causes black stool?
- What causes intermittent pain after anal fistulotomy?