yesterday i put ear drops in my left ear and
Hello, I'm Dr. Branch,
Thanks for using 'Ask A Doctor'.
Ear drops will typically not cause any obstruction in the ear since as it is a liquid, it will just drain out whenever you lay on your side.
It is more likely the obstruction is from ear wax, especially if that was the reason for using the ear drops in the first place. Ear wax can often become impacted, causing a sense of hearing loss as you describe.
If that is the case, ear drops can be used to soften the ear wax, but you will likely need someone to irrigate or manually remove the ear wax at your doctor's office.
I would not recommend trying to do this yourself since it is important to have the right tools and to have someone professional do this for you in order to avoid any injury to the tympanic membrane inside your ear.
I hope that helps...
Please let me know if you have any other questions and I would be glad to discuss it further with you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I currently take cape aloe (aloe Ferox) everyday for constipation
- My husband just received a lab report. His SGOT is
- Chest x Ray was recorded as normal..for a work visa
- My son is 19 and is constantly cold . His
- I had constipation for the last week. It is gone
- Tip of penis stings when contacted by clothing, slight redness
- I have had two knee replacements - the first was
- hai I have a pain in my left arm since
- I have itchy scalp bumps. The doctors call it uticaria.
- what do when back is paining