why is my upper abdomen always bloated and have gas
It could be malabsorption or metabolic disease
What you describe can be many things, e.g. malabsorption such as lactose intolerance, celiac disease, Whipples disease, or a metabolic disorder, e.g. hyperthyroidism.
I suggest you schedule for blood tests (metabolic panel, hemoglobin, autoantibodies for example for celiac disease, TRAB antibodies), a gastroscopy with biopsies, and fecal tests for parasites, elastasis, bacteria, and calprotectin.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I have ulcerative colitis and have had it for 12
- I have sharp pains that come in waves that feel
- Hi, My wife had an urine infection for last 4
- I have severe pain going all around my mid section
- My PCP precribed a sonogram of my abdomen because he
- Hey doctor, For the last couple of months I have
- My mother has stage 4 ovarian cancer . Her medical
- Yes Please. About a week ago I started to have
- I have a question about Prostatitis . For the past
- I have been having sudden onset’s of direreah that has