why does trazodone keep me awake when they say it's
The dose of the drug can be increased
Hello thanks for using ask a doctor service
What is the dose of Trazodone you are taking?
Could you provide me details in follow up. If you are not getting enough sleep then one option is to increase the dose of the drug. This will help in resulting in good sleep.
Ambien or Klonopin or any other benzodiazepine can be added.
Hello again, thanks for asking again
If you are not getting refreshing sleep with Trazodone then other drugs like Klonopin or Ambien can be added. These drugs are hypnotic drugs and will help in improving the sleep. You can talk with your doctor for this.
Please let me know if you need more help or have uncleared doubts.
you never sleep makes you wide awake. is it good to mnmis 2mg or zanax wit it ot a over the counter drug like sominex
Yes, Zanax can be used.
Trazodone is not a hypnotic drug as such. Its effects on sleep are utilised in insomnia. Sometimes in some individuals the drug doesn’t work at all.
You can use Zanax with this. No need to get worried about interactions. We can expect sleep onset with Zanax and maintenance with Trazodone.
Still, if any further queries, please please let me know.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sight problem. Taking pregabalin for fibromyalgia. Should I stop...
- Found mucus and pus cell in stool test. Suggested to go for colonoscopy...
- Suffering from erectile dysfunction. Taking paroxetine and sustimax....
- On medication for clinical depression. What diet should I take to reduce...
- Alcoholic, suffering from OCD, depression, suffered seizure. Prescribed...
- Trying to quit tobacco. What should I do for this?
- Taking clozazepam. Safe and easy method to stop taking this medicine?
- Taking fluoxidine, lectopam. Feeling weak, anxiety, nervous and chest...
- Aderall induced psychosis. How long will the effects last?
- Started getting panic attack after taking mucinex dm. Cause for concern?