why do solid thyroid nodules form
Several potential causes.
I have gone through your query and here is my opinion.
Sometimes,thyroid cells can grow out of control and form a lump on your thyroid.
Solid nodules are solid lumps that form within your thyroid and usualy do not produce symptoms.
Iodine deficiency, which is very uncommon all around the world, is also known to cause thyroid nodules.
Hashimoto's thyroiditis,aan autoimune disease which is the most common cause of hypothyroidism , is associated with an increased risk of thyroid nodules.
At the other side the genetic predisposition is very important for developing thyroid nodules.
Hope i have clarified your doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for extreme fatigue and cough
- How to transform from a male to a female?
- What causes nausea, headache and low basal body temperature?
- Suggest treatment for symptoms of peripheral neuropathy
- Suggest treatment for severe hair loss while treating hypothyroidism
- Does intake of Omeprazole have an effect on Insulin secretion?
- Suggest treatment for water retention and edema
- Does Metformin interact with Glipizide?
- Is honey a good substitute for sugar while having diabetes?
- Is TPO antibody level of 1,189 a cause for concern?