where and how can I get best treatment for vitiligo?

Dermatologist
Question
where and how can I get best treatment for vitiligo? As I am an employee, want to know as to long it will take. It appears that my problem is at the initial stage.
Sun, 11 Feb 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 45 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Answer few questions

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at HealthcareMagic
I need to ask you few questions:
What are the sites of involvement?
Is it stable or progressing?
Do you have any other ailments or taking any medicines?
Kindly revert with the answers.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: where and how can I get best treatment for vitiligo? 4 hours later
It is very difficult to say whether it is stable since I have started taking Homeopathic medicine only 4 days back. But it is quite visible on the lips.
Yes, I have been having bronchial allergy with running nose for which I have been taking medicine.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitiligo usually take 4-6 months to resolve

Detailed Answer:
Vitiligo usually takes around 4-6 months to resolve if it is limited and not spreading.
You should consult a dermatologist in your city.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to apply a decapeptide molecule ( melbild lotion) on the depigmented areas at night followed by sunexposure for 5-10 minutes in the morning and apply mometasone cream on the affected areas during the day time.
Also take antioxidant like capsule sodox twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.

Follow-up: where and how can I get best treatment for vitiligo? 31 minutes later
Dear Dr Asmeet,
Thanks for your reply suggested ointment. Can this ointment and antioxidant you have mentioned go along with the medicine I have started? Thank you for suggessting to consult dermatologist in our city. Although, it is far from our place, we are going to XXXXXXX tomorrow to consult dermatologist in Indrprastha Apollo Hospitals. I wonder if you have suggestion about any particular doctor over there or any dermatologist will do. Hope my problem will be resolved on time with whatever medication after checkup.

Best wishes

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
Yes the medicines I have mentioned can go along with the medicines you are already taking.
I don't know about any particular dermatologist in Apollo hospital.
You can consult any dermatologist there.
All the best.