when is the right time to get a copper iud
Just after 12 weeks.
Thanks for posting your query.
After a C-section it is best to get copper IUD inserted after 12 weeks of surgery and just after the periods have finished.
Usually pregnancy is unlikely to happen during first 10-12 weeks after the cesarean delivery.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Better to insert after weeks after the periods.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be inserted after 8 weeks as the bleeding would have completely stopped by then and it is best to get it inserted just after the periods are finished.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sex after candid v3 treatment
- What causes breasts to shrink and invert nipples?
- What should i do for chest infection and high BP ?
- What should i do to know whether i am HIV infected ?
- Does increased smoking and alcohol intake during stress increase heart...
- Is it possible to resolve monoamine oxidase deficiency by controlling diet?
- Late menstrual cycle, negative pregnancy test, laparoscopy
- Are there any side effects of abortion pills ? How long will it take to...
- Cut caffeine, low BP, frequent bloating, extreme fatigue, slight pain in...
- What post surgical care is needed following a spinal cord stimulator...