what would be the correct dosage of synthroid . i
About levothyroxine dose;
Hello and thank you for asking!
I have gone through your concern and seen the attached results.
To interpret the result correctly and suggest you about the levothyroxine dose the following information is necessary:
Are you under levothyroxine treatment?
What is your actual dose and for how many weeks have you been taking it?
The dose depends on the individual to individual...It usually varies from 100-200 mcg. To decide about it, we start with 100 mcg after the thyroidectomy and check TSH after 6 weeks.
The result attached suggests for a high dose of levothyroxine and it should be decreased.
Please let me know about the above-mentioned questions.
It'll be a pleasure to help you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?